Saint Paul Public Works has launched a multi-year project to improve the condition of downtown streets and sidewalks. In 2018, they conducted an assessment on all sidewalks in downtown Saint Paul and identified locations where sidewalk areas/panels are in need of repair or replacement. Beginning in May, Phase I of this project went into effect.
As part of this project, the city will be:
- Resurfacing most downtown, city owned streets
- Removing and replacing sidewalks and curbs that are damaged
- Inserting ADA-compliant curb ramps at intersections
- Improving pedestrian safety at identified intersections
- Addressing areaways and vaults under the sidewalk
Sidewalk work is being spread out through downtown to minimize impact on pedestrian traffic and businesses. Construction is permitted between 7 am – 7 pm on weekdays and as of 6/19/2019 no work is being performed on weekends but this is subject to change.
Sidewalk removal and replacement typically takes 5 days.
For more information, visit StPaul.Gov or click here.