Total Universe/Historic Comparison
The Total Universe of office space in the Saint Paul Central Business District is 15,395,953 square feet. The Total Universe space has an occupancy rate of 91.00%. This total is divided among Competitive, Owner-occupied, and Government space. The Total Universe Historical Comparison provides a valuable long term perspective on market trends within these three categories in downtown Saint Paul. In reviewing the current data, several trends are noteworthy.
- Owner-occupied space, as a percentage of the Total Universe, is unchanged.
- Government space, as a percentage of the Total Universe, is unchanged.
- Competitive space, as a percentage of the Total Universe, is unchanged.
- The total square feet is trending downward, slightly.
The most significant changes in the Total Universe were:
- The removal of Cray Plaza (-219,313 sf)
- The reduction of space in the Great Northern (-31,603)
- The reduction of space in The Lowry Building (-23,038 sf)
- The return of planned residential to office space in the First National Bank Building (+299,178 sf)